Winter must haves!

9:13 PM Truth Or Flair 0 Comments


So, winter time has come and I thought I could do a list of must haves for this holiday season. Let's get into it!

First, an essential skin care product for the winter would be face masks since our skin is suffering a lot this time of the year. My current favorites are the ones from Fruits&Passion and Glamglow. I chose them cause they are the most hydrating masks I've ever tried. It literally feels as if you put ten layers of moisturizing cream on your face .. or something like that. Anyways it feels great! For the lazy ones, I recommend the Fruits&Passion ones because they are basically just sheets that you apply on your skin. You don't even have to rinse it, you just put on the mask, you wait around 15 to 20 min, then you remove it and you massage the rest of the product into your skin. As for the Glamglow, you simply apply it as any other mask, and the moisture you will get out of it will last for a couple of days, depending on your skin type. Overall, I recommend both of these brands for the winter time.






An other one of my must haves would be glittery nail polish. It's the holidays, time to party and what screams party more than glitter? Nothing. I think it adds a nice glamour touch to your look with all the sparkles and all... Here are some of my favourites, as you may have noticed (or not) I love the Revlon brand but anything with glitter makes me happy this time of the year.


When it comes to scents, I like to keep it keep it fresh since there are already tons of delicious smells  around. I love the Victoria's Secret fragrances because they aren't too heavy but they still stay on for a good amount of time. My current favorite is the True Escape fragrance, I love how the smell is familiar but at the same time it's different from what I'm used to. (I know it doesn't really makes sense but let's be honest, when do I really make sense? Exactly.)



As a curly girl, one of my essentials is a curl enhancer. I use the L'Oréal's STUDIO LINE SILK & GLOSS CURLING SPRITZ . With all this dry weather, I really need all the hair products I can get to make my hair look descent and this spray really helps to add some shape.


Another product that helped me keeping my skin moisturized is the Sephora Acne-fighting, mattifying moisturizer. It's really light but still gives a deep hydratation to your skin.


During the holidays, I like to wear makeup most of the days since I actually have time to put some on  and a product I ended up using almost everyday is the tarte Lipsurgence lip gloss. It just gives your lips that ''my lip color but better'' look that I love with a little glossy effect to give an extra holiday feel to it.


A good face cleanser would be needed this time around since we need to wash out all the makeup and dirt that gets on our pretty faces. Also since there will be a lot of unhealthy eating and sleeping with makeup on  a good face cleanser is more than welcome. The one I use right now is he First aid Beauty one. 


Winter, season of soar throats and runny noses.  My solution for those is a big cup of tea and some christmas movies. The tea that has helped me the most is the Four o'Clock herbal tea cold,. This one makes you feel better real fast. The only bad thing about it is its taste. I know, kind of a big thing but if you like black licorice you'll love it and if you don't, well try to swallow it all at once or something. I swear it'll make you feel better!


If you get tired after all the christmas shoping and you don't want to look like a mess on christmas party, I recommend this eye cream ( I was about to write ice cream.. it made me laugh.. I had to share.. it's late..). It gives a great hydratation and makes your eyes feel awake.


Finally, my last winter must have is the Dubsmash app if you haven't already downloaded it (really?), I seriously recommend it! It's just a fun app that allows you to record little videos of you lip-syncing some famous movie quotes and stuff like that. You can send those videos to your friends and family, it's just a nice way to make people around you laugh. 


Hope you enjoyed this post!

Kisses,
Valerie

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.