Hipsta please.

5:03 PM Truth Or Flair 0 Comments

Being hipster is not only about wearing trendy clothes from urban outfitters and posting pretty profound tweets... It's also about the way you see the world and about MUSIC. Indie music is the most amazing thing on earth and I barely exaggerate! In this article I will present you the top 5 of artists that all hipster would love and list a lot of other songs at the end :)

5. Radiohead

Weird sound... Not sure I like all their albums but their style is pretty cool. Inspired by The Beatles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Pixies as well as The Beach Boys, Charles Mingus, Alice Coltrane, Radiohead is taking every little details that they like from other style of music to make them theirs. My personal favorite album is Hail to the thief.

4. Neutral Milk Hotel

With their absolutely amazing album In the aeroplane over the sea, this band is maybe the last on this list but are probably one of the most beloved band in the ''hipster world''. It was the sixth most sold vinyl EP's in 2008 (so hipster). 

3. Arcade Fire

Cannot pass by this band. A-MA-ZING. Coming back to the more classic indie rock style. Favorite song: Neighborhood #1 (Tunnels) the first song on their first album, Funeral, but in general I prefer the album The Suburbs. (and also #proudtobecanadian)

2. Half Moon Run

Young band, their only album came out in 2012. AGAIN#proudtobecanadian. Also in the indie folk/indie rock kind of vibes they may look ike all the other bands but they have their own little twist. Maybe it's the nix of all the voices together or the wonderful Devon Portielje's voice, maybe it's their relaxing but yet entertaining sounds, I don't know but I love em'. They opened for Mumford and Sons and Ciy and Colour (their are amazing too btw) which is really cool for them. 

1. Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

I'm kinda in love with Alex Ebert... We are sooo going to get married! ;)
Seriously their music is incredible... Their 3 albums are perfect, every single song is better than the other but of course Home is my favorite. Each time I hear this song I just feel happy and in love! Cannot chose which album is my favorite though.


Of course there's always new albums or old ones not discovered yet so there will be other music chronicles coming up!
P.S.: I'm sorry of the over usage of the word hipster...

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.