4 healthy, but tasty snacks ideas ! (part 1)

9:59 PM Truth Or Flair 0 Comments


FOOD. 

One of my favorite things on earth. I just love eating. Am I the only one? I don't think so. Either I am at school or at home, I am always in need of a snack. Through my journey to a full belly, I discovered quite a few recipes that allow me to eat all the time and stay healthy at the same time! In two posts, I will show you how to make 4 different snacks so that you can become as obsessed with healthy food as I am.

Cheese chips




Here's a recipe for all of you guys who prefer salty snacks. Instead of eating regular grocery store unhealthy potato chips, you can eat cheese in a chip form! It is healthier and takes just a few minutes to prepare.

Recipe:



Preheat the oven at 350°F and cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cut a large brick of cheese in medium to thick slices and put them on the parchment paper with a quarter inch space between each slice.
 I like to add some spice on top (here i added black pepper) such as cayenne pepper (spicy), smoked paprika or fine herbs: it is totally up to you. Pop that in the oven for around 12-15 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and starts to grill in a solid form.
Take your cookie sheet out and sponge all the oil that will have come out of the cheese with a paper towel. When you're done, tear the cheese in pieces and you have some awesome cheese chips to eat when you have a salty craving.

Avocado dip 



I have to admit something... I am OBSSESSED with avocados right now. I can't help it, it is soooo buttery, sooo good and soooo healthy! In fact, it is a SuperFood so it has awesome benefits for your body. Among all fruits, avocados contain the highest quantity of potassium, vitamn E, folate and magnesium. 

Recipe: 

Mix the following ingredients

1 mashed avocado
Lemon juice (as desired, around 1 or 2 tbsp)
1 green onion, chopped 
Salt and pepper (as desired)
A few drops of tabasco

Hope you guys like my recipes! They are sooooo good! If you want you can even mix both of these together by dipping the chips in the avocado dip or you can chop the cheese chips in small pieces and put them in the dip for a crispy texture.

I also recommend the avocado dip on a toast with a pinch of pepper flakes... tasty!

Enjoy! (don't worry, a part two will come out very soon)

Love, 
Laurie 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.